1. I don’t suppose anyone will volunteer,___?
A. do I B. don’t I C. will they D. won’t they
2. ___help if you can, and our country will improve more quickly and better.
A. Giving B. Give C. Given D. To give
3.—— Lucy, you wash the dishes,___ ?
—— Mom, can’t Lily do it? It’s her turn to do it.
A. don’t you B. can you C. shall you D. will you
4. —— I will not take an umbrella with me today.
— _____it rains later on in the day?
A. How B. What C. How about D. What if
5. —— You ought to stay up late tonight,____ you?
—— Yes. I’ve got too much homework.
A. can’t B. shouldn’t C. mustn’t D. won’t
6. Nothing can stop us from serving the people heart and soul,____?
A. can it B. can’t it C. can they D. can’t they
7. There used to be a church in the small town,_____?
A. used there B. usedn’t there
C. used it D. usedn’t it
8.—— She isn’t your neighbour, is she?
A. Yes, she isn’t B. No, she is
C. Yes, she is D. No, isn’t she
9.—— ______ to be a PLA soldier when I was young.
—— And now you are.
A. How I wanted B. How did I want
C. What I wanted D. What did I want
10. Recently I bought an ancient Chinese vase,____was very reasonable.
A. which price B. the price of which
C. its price D. the price of that
11. After ten years, she changed a lot and looked different from___she used to be.
A. that B. whom C. what D. who
12. ____is known to everyone, the moon travels round the earth once every month.
A. It B. As C. That D. What
13. He’s got himself into a dangerous situation___he is likely to lose control over the plane.
A. where B. which C. while D. why
14. Information has been put forward___more middle school graduates will be admitted into universities.
A. while B. that C. when D. as
15. What the doctors really doubt is____my mother will recover from the serious disease soon.
A. when B. how C. whether D. what
16. The students of the music school study ____.
A. music but also some other subjects
B. some other subjects as well as music
C. music as well as some other subjects
D. some other subjects and music
17. ___air is to man, so is water to fish.
A. Since B. Just C. Like D. As
18. There is plenty of rain in the south __ there is little in the north.
A. while B. as C. when D. so
19. ___several times about it, but he could not give the correct answer.
A. Being asked B. Having been asked
C. He would ask D. He had been asked
20. —— I don’t like chicken ___ fish.
—— I don’t like chicken,___I like fish very much.
A. and; and B. and; but C. or; but D. or; and
21. ___the days went on, the situation there got worse.
A. With B. Since C. While D. As
22. ___everybody is here, let’s set out right away.
A. Now that B. Because C. For D. After
23. The science of medicine,___progress has been very rapid lately, is perhaps the most important of all the sciences.
A. to which B. in which C. which D. with which
24. We must do the experiment carefully ___Miss Liu told us.
A. what B. since C. as D. while
25. Tony will never forget these days ___she lived in China with her mother,___has a great effect on her life.
A. that; which B. when; which
C. which; that D. when; that
26. ___I know, they will go to Beijing to watch the Olympic Games in 2008.
A. Since B. So far as C. In case D. As if
27. Who do you think the doctor will have___first, John or Kate?
A. examine B. to examine
C. examining D. examined
28. —— What are you anxious about?
A. Whether we can succeed B. If we succeed
C. Do we succeed D. That we can succeed
29. You should put the dictionary ___you can find it easily.
A. where B. the place
C. the place on which D. what
30. She said to me, “I’ll tell you the result of the test___I know it. ”
A. because B. the moment C. after D. though