31. Grandpa used to tell us something about the “Cultural Revolution” ___he had time to spare.
A. as soon as B. as C. so that D. whenever
32. Li Fang is very busy,___she’s always helping others with their lessons.
A. but B. although C. so D. for
33. Getting a right job can be difficult ___the students___ prepared to deal with the job interview.
A. if;won’t B. unless;will
C. unless;are D. if;are
34. Everything depends on__they will support you about it.
A. if B. which C. whether D. that
35. She won the first prize in the speech contest and___ surprised us.
A. which B. it C. as D. who
36. The Oscar is one of the film prizes __offered to any Chinese actor or actress so far.
A. which is not B. that have not been
C. that has not D. that has not been
37. He made another wonderful discovery,___ of great importance to science.
A. which I think is B. which I think it is
C. which I think it D. I think is
38. It’s really very dangerous. One more step,___the baby will fall into the well.
A. or B. so C. but D. and
39. She is American,___ she knows little about American history.
A. so B. yet C. and D. therefore
40. Information technology is taught in most schools,___we have entered the information society.
A. so B. while C. still D. for
41.—— Helen must obey her parents.
—— Oh, she must,__ ?
A. must she B. mustn’t she
C. shouldn’t she D. should she
42. John must be in the chemistry lab,___ ?
A. mustn’t he B. needn’t he
C. isn’t he D. shouldn’t he
43. It was quite a long time___ I made it out what had happened.
A. after B. before C. when D. since
44. __the text a second time, the meaning will become clearer to you.
A. Read B. Reading
C. If reading D. When you read
45. ___does he do his work well,___ he helps others with their work.
A. Not only;but also B. Neither;nor
C. Either;or D. Both;and
46. __,so he didn’t come to school last week.
A. Though he was ill B. Being ill
C. Having been ill D. He was ill
47. She tried every way ___ she could find to solve the problem.
A. how B. in which C. that D. which
48. Lily has some idea ___ she’s going to be when she grows up.
A. what B. that C. as D. which
49. To play fair is as important as ____,I think.
A. to play well B. play well
C. we play well D. playing well
50. ___you go, you should bear the motherland in mind.
A. Where B. Whenever
C. However D. Wherever